Monday, March 1, 2010

Oy Camden!

Well, the other boys have improved from the virus of last week.  Logan is still struggling, but he didn’t start until later.  Camden has had a little improvement today (fever has gone down some and a bit more energy), but his wheezing is pretty bad.  I’ve done two nebulizer treatments with no luck.

I took him into the chiropractor today.  His reflux has reared its ugly head causing old symptoms that I hadn’t seen for months.  He’s been choking and gagging, struggling to catch his breath.  And I knew this was a huge reason that he wasn’t sleeping at night either. 

Dr. E said he was really off in his reflux area, but that is also the same nerve root for body temperature.  So basically, when he has a fever, it’s going to aggravate the reflux.  They’re connected on the same nerve root.  (errrr)

Also, his lymph nodes on the left side on his neck were very swollen and he cried – no, no, screamed when she adjusted him there.  It was actually painful because of that.  He also has fluid buildup behind his ears.  Are the tubes still in?  We don’t know (until he goes to doctor tomorrow).  If not, he could be suffering from an ear infection too. 

She also noticed he was unbalanced and asked about that.  I had noticed last week when he was feeling miserable that he had a hard time balancing.  There was one day where he literally could barely stand up to walk.  He kept falling over.  He’s also reverted back to more of the “monkey moving.”  She said the fluid can throw off his equilibrium. 

He also had a lot of gas buildup in his stomach.  When she adjusted his sacrum, it all let loose! 

I talked with her some about his symptoms and what was going on.  She shared with me that she’s seen quite a few people with this virus.  It appears to be affecting the little ones and people with breathing problems the worst.  After telling her about Camden’s previous problems with wheezing (mainly due to the reflux flaring up), she suggested we call his doctor.  He seems more tolerable and even happier today at times, but the wheezing is still there.  And he’s definitely far from being himself. 

I called the doctor and she was booked for today, but she called in more albuterol for the nebulizer and told us to do it four times a day.  She scheduled an appointment for us tomorrow morning.

I ask for your prayers.  I’ve been doing a study on healing the past few weeks and I really feel like I’m being challenged here with all my kids sick.  I’ve prayed so hard and not allowed “those” thoughts to enter my head.  I know God is bigger than any virus, bigger than reflux, bigger than all of that!  I just hate how Camden gets the brunt of every virus that hits our house.  And until the reflux is gone,  he always will.  One triggers the other.

But now, am I allowing bad thoughts into my head by saying that?  Maybe.  I’m very tired and getting sick myself, so my attitude isn’t the best right now. 

Prayers,  please. 

Thanks.

***********************************************

I promised myself I wouldn’t complain so much on this blog this year (mainly with Camden’s issues), but sometimes the best thing is just to put it out there and ask for the prayers of others.

No comments: