Thursday, March 4, 2010

oh jeez!

Logan's latest phrase is "Oh jeez." It's too funny hearing this from a three year old and he says it in such a little old man voice. And the best part is he's not saying it to make anyone laugh or to try and be funny. He just picked up on someone else saying it.

I have a gate to block the stairs to the loft because I don't trust Camden on those stairs. Logan thinks he can climb over this gate. Going up is easy; coming down is not. The other night he was coming down for supper and Eli tried to help him over the gate. "No, no, no, I can do it by myself," he says. (Typical of a three year old.) Eli says, "Okay, okay." And let's him do it himself.
Logan gets one leg over and realizes he can't do it and he's stuck.
"Oh jeez.....oh jeez.....help.....jeez......help.....jeez."

********************

Fast forward to today:

I'm at Kohl's with Logan and Camden. We're walking up to check out and Logan sees a long line at the check out.
"Oh jeez.."

********************

Or about two hours ago:

"Logan, it's time for a nap."

"Oh jeez."

You really have to hear it in person to hear how funny it is.

No comments: