Poor little Camden was having so much fun on Thursday, running around and playing. Before I knew it, he tumbled into the fireplace—face first. I never heard such screaming!
We were all saying lots of prayers because he wouldn’t stop crying and when he did, he was acting really weird, very out of it. I called the doctor—just to be safe—and she said to keep a close eye on him, make sure in an hour I could wake him up (because it was naptime and after crying for 45 minutes, he fell asleep in my arms) and make sure he could breath okay out of his nose. I kept thinking, please don’t be broken. Josh and I have both broken our noses and it seems almost fitting that one of our boys would. The doctor told me that the bones in babies and toddlers are quite flexible and very rarely are they broken. That was supposed to be reassurance; however, I broke my nose when I was under five! So I kind of tossed that theory out the window.
I am happy to report that after a few days, Camden’s nose seems to be doing all right. No snoring at night, no difficulty breathing. It was terrible swollen the first 24 hours, but that’s gone down now. Just scraped and bruised.
No comments:
Post a Comment