Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunburn & swollen faces

So the boys finally got to go ice fishing with Joshua.  And this is the result:

March 2010 004

Sunburned faces in March!

Josh has been out two days and looks a bit like a racoon from wearing his sunglasses.  Isaac and Eli did not have sunglasses on and it looks as if their eyeballs are even sunburned.  They both woke up this morning with a swollen face—their eyelids were almost swollen shut!  I hurt every time I look at them.  Seriously. 

March 2010 003

This picture was taken a few hours after Eli was up and I think he is looking much better than when he first woke up.

And quite honestly, these pictures do not show the true damage.  It’s worse in person.  Both Josh and I never thought about sunscreen in winter.  And Isaac and Eli have NO desire to go ice fishing any time soon.

Isaac did not want his picture taken.  He told me he does not want to remember this.  He looks the worst.  Do you remember the TV show Beauty and the Beast that was on in the late ‘80s?  Isaac looks a bit like the Beast—no lie.  I cringe every time I look at him.  The shape of their eyes is even different. 

Important lesson here:  ALWAYS apply sunscreen—even when there’s snow on the ground and ice on the lakes.  That sun is wicked! 

No comments: