Today we took a field trip with our co-op to the FoxRiver Sanctuary and Nature Center. It was all about animals in their habitat and lots of hands-on things.
They had a little bridge to look at all the animals in a pond or marsh area. Camden was obsessed with this bridge.
Yep, that’s right, they are playing with animal legs and feet! They had all different kinds of animal feet (turkey, deer, goose, duck, badger, etc.) that the kids could use to make their footprints in the sand and see what they look like. This was a favorite of Logan and Camden.
Camden trying to put the antlers on his head so he would be a deer.
Ah ha! And then he was smart enough to figure out the antlers didn’t go on HIS head; they belonged to the deer behind him!
This turtle was not native to our state, but it did come from Grampa and Gramma H’s state.
They had to wet their hands before they touched the salamander.
A corn snake…yuck! Look at Logan checking it out. He did touch it, but just barely.
Eli wanted to do more than just touch the corn snake; he wanted to HOLD it! Oh, this cannot be my son!
Of course, Isaac had to hold the snake too! (I kept my distance.)
In fact, as Isaac was standing near the snake cage, I heard him say, “Oh, I would love to have that!” (In my mind I’m thinking: Never!!!!")
And Camden giving the bear a little pat on the butt. :)
The one picture I missed, that I wished I would have gotten (but I was chasing around a little boy), was Isaac transformed into a beaver. He had on a fur coat, oil for his skin, an axe, goggles, and a paddle (for his tail). It was too funny.
It was quite the educational afternoon. I thought all my boys had a fun time, but as we were walking out to the car, Logan said to me very seriously, “Mom, that was NOT fun.” I guess you just can’t please them all!
1 comment:
Cute :) Looks like they had a lot of fun, well, except for Logans ending comment :)
Post a Comment