Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Camden's evaluation....and more

Camden's Birth to Three evaluation was yesterday. It went well and he has passed to the next level (not sure if that's good or not). He will be assessed on May 20th by a team to see if he qualifies by at least 25% or more for therapy. The coordinator felt in her gut that he would qualify, but the therapist has the final say. I think he probably will too considering we already had one PT tell us he should have therapy. The coordinator was more concerned with his feeding issues and wants him evaluated for feeding therapy also. Not a big surprise for me. Hopefully the speech therapist can come out on May 20th to evaluate him; otherwise, that assessment will be another day. We're going to go to an evaluation at HealthReach and see what they suggest too. I feel that they're a little more qualified, but not sure about receiving treatment there. Our insurance will only cover 20 visits for therapy so we may have to split up between HealthReach and Birth to Three. Camden was nothing but CUTE for the coordinator, flashing her all sorts of flirty smiles. :)

On another note....I called yesterday to schedule Camden's GI appt. I was praying so hard that it wouldn't be a month before we could get in. Ideally, it would be better to have that appt. first, as I think that's where we need to start. They had a cancellation for Thursday and we able to offer it to us! So, TOMORROW is the big GI appt.!!!!! Honestly, I am nervous. But I know it's the next step that we need. Even the coordinator from Birth to Three was relieved to hear we were going to a GI. Our appt. is tomorrow morning at 9:50 at Children's Hospital.

I feel that all our appointments go in order of importance: gastroenterlogist, allergist and ENT. Depending on what answers or info we get, I may cancel the ENT. We'll see. I feel that a lot of those symptoms are the result of allergies, but I'm no doctor.

Meanwhile, Camden is about the same. I have my journal to bring with tomorrow. We have so many appts. this month it's a little overwhelming. Next week Monday is the evaluation with the feeding therapist; Wednesday is the evaluation with the physical therapist; and Thursday is the allergist appt. so back to Children's.

On top of that, Isaac is having a terrible time at school and Logan's eyes swelled up the other night and continue to have green gunk and tearing. I've called the doctor about it and I'm waiting to hear. Josh and I both thought he was having an allergic reaction to all the pollen outside. He was outside a lot this past weekend. But now I'm wondering. He tells me his mouth hurts (which I interpret as his throat hurting) and is coughing. He cried on and off for half the night last night and then Camden was up twice. So yes, I'm tired.....but what else is new?!?!?!?!

Isaac had a field trip today to Madison. He's visiting lots of different places up there and bringing home a dog tag for Hunter from the Veteran's Museum. I can't wait to hear all about his day. He won't be home until almost 7 tonight!

That's about it. 'Til tomorrow.....

No comments: