Saturday, May 30, 2009

All school field trip

This year the all school field trip was to Adventure Rock and then to Lapham Peak for a picnic lunch followed by some hiking.  Yes, I decided to go with Camden and Logan.  What an interesting day! 

Isaac and Eli both did rock climbing, but unfortunately, I have no pictures of that. 

At Lapham Peak we hiked the intermediate trail with a jogging stroller with baby, a toddler and four boys.  A certain two-year old also had a case of the “runs.”  And I’m not talking about running with your legs!  About halfway through the trail, deep in the woods, Logan lets out a “POOPY!!!!” call.  We had to make a mad dash back to the bathrooms, which is no easy task with four boys, a toddler and a stroller with a baby.  Every little thing distracts them.  Please know that I had no idea that Logan had this  “problem.”  Otherwise, I would have never taken him into the woods.

We did find a snake right at the start of our hike.  Lovely.  Eli snatched it up immediately.  We also found a leaf moving and  underneath it was the biggest caterpillar I’ve ever seen.  The boys also found the best tree for tree climbing.  It was a lot of fun.  And I found out that I could handle six boys at once!!!!  So four should be no problem in my future! :)

 

Lapham Peak 001 

Isaac, Eli, Nolan and Blake with THE snake. 

 

Lapham Peak 002

Tree climbing!

No comments: