Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Eli’s 8th Birthday

Today is Eli’s 8th birthday.  Happy Birthday, Eli!

Eli's 8th b-day 006

Since his birthday always fall on or near Memorial Day, our Memorial Day weekend is usually spent celebrating his birthday.  On  Sunday we had a party for Eli with just my side of the family.  Due to the amount of kids now in the family, it is always a fun time.  Babies inside and bigger kids running around outside.  Thankfully the weather was nice.  Eli received everything that was on his short b-day list:  bike helmet, Hawaiian short, LED bike light, sweat band, wrist bands, Snow Buddies DVD and a gift card. 

On Memorial Day we celebrated Eli’s birthday again along with his uncle’s and cousin’s birthdays.  This was with the Hart family.  Eli, again, received many great gifts including a base set for baseball (something that I and E are really getting “into”), horseshoes, fishing gear, a new camoflauge hat, and money. 

Today Eli is at school.  It makes me sad that the majority of his birthday is spent away from us and away from home.  He took some cupcakes as a birthday treat.  Tonight we will be going to Chuck E. Cheese’s, which was Eli’s pick.  This weekend Eli has picked two of his bestest friends to celebrate his birthday with.  He did not want a big party, just a celebration with two friends.  Eli does not like to be the center of attention so this is his ideal birthday celebration.   I mean, singing Happy  Birthday to him is almost torture for the poor kid! 

Our present to Eli was a new bow.  I wish I could have captured the look on his face when we told him.  Pure joy!  He had his eye on it when he was shopping with Dad.  He was stunned when we told him that was his gift.  We’ll go and get it set up for him soon.  I’ll be sure to post pictures of him with it. :)

My tribute to Eli:

Eli, you have grown into such a sweet boy.  You are liked by so many in your class simply because of your kindness.  You are always looking out for others.  You are the last one to leave your class at the end of the day, always making sure everyone has all their stuff and no one is forgetting anything.  You jump at the chance to help someone out.  Such wonderful qualities!  I pray that you continue to follow the path you are taking.  Your kindness, sensitivity to others and patience will take you far!  I love you to the moon and back, Eli!

 

Eli's 8th b-day 008

Eli on the zip line.

No comments: