1. Packers won the Super Bowl! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!
My hubby and I had team spirit:
I cannot NOT get into football when I live in a house full of boys. I never thought I’d be watching football, let alone cheering, but you know what they say, never say never. :)
And it’s so much more fun if you join them.
2. I am making my own vanilla. What made me want to do this? Well, in an effort to make Camden better and eliminate another possible allergen food (corn), I must do this. It’s really quite simple. Vodka and vanilla beans. But the vodka must be potato vodka because other vodka is derived from corn.
Downside: It takes about six to eight weeks until the vanilla is ready.
Upside: I will have an abundance of vanilla when it’s ready.
This picture is from the end of week one. Yep, a s-l-o-w process.
3. My boys are currently outside in 15-degree weather building a fort. 15 degrees!!! And by Sunday it’s supposed to be in the 40s and that fort will be melting away. I didn’t have the heart to tell them that.
4. This morning I made pumpkin muffins allergen-free pumpkin muffins. And when I say that, I mean free from dairy, soy, wheat, gluten, egg, and yes, now corn too. But they are so yummy!!! I love that I’m finally discovering the secret to allergen-free baking! It’s a tricky one, but once you get it, it’s so rewarding.
5. Camden is now 100% potty trained!
Remember how he got “it” with undies on but not with pants on??? Well, Friday night we went bowling and for some reason, he finally got it. He told me every time when he had to go potty and he made it to the bathroom every time. Then he did the same thing Saturday at Eli’s soccer tournament. Then again Sunday at church (even in Sunday School where he is so quiet and I am not there). Woo hoo! I am so happy!
6. Speaking of bowling…..yes, we went last weekend. It’s always fun when the whole family goes. We usually lose Logan and Camden halfway through. Josh always insists on two games and they can only handle one game. But they have fun just playing around while we play then. I scored my highest ever: 144! Josh got 140. :)
7. I just have to say that this year we have been unusually healthy. I am very thankful for our health—very. But it also makes me think of what we’re doing differently this year than previous years. I honestly can’t say I’ve been faithful with the kids’ vitamins. Or even my own. So what is it? My sister pointed out that this is the first year that our whole family is going to the chiropractor. Hmmm…..true. I’ve been told that regular adjustments help with your immunity and staying healthy. I think I believe it!
8. I know I usually only do 7 Quick Takes, but today I have a very special reason to add in #8:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little sister, BECKY!!!!!!!
I love you and I hope you have the best birthday!
Have a blessed week.
1 comment:
Cute picture :)
I know how ya feel with the snow fort. The kids and I made an ingloo and later that week or so, it collapsed :(
Vanilla?? ooo...let me know how it turns out!!
Way to go for winning at bowling!! :)
And a very happy birthday to Becky!!! :)
Post a Comment