Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday’s 7 Quick Takes

1.  I have a case of the Monday morning blahs.  Not sure why.  I’m trying my hardest to fight it.  Thankfully, Eli (my least-enthusiastic boy about school) got started right away.  Whew, that’s one less thing to fight on Monday morning!

IMG_5737

He probably even had more motivation than Mom today!

And here’s all I can get of Isaac these days….glances:

IMG_5740

For some reason, he hides from the camera.  I’m sure it’s just some phase though.

2.  I thought I’d perk up my Monday by making some blueberry  millet muffins.  And do you even need to ask?  Of course, they’re allergen-free.  These were SO yummy!!!  They’ll be gone by the end of the day, for sure.

IMG_5738

3.  We went bowling this last weekend….again.  It was in celebration of Joshua’s birthday with his family.  He did well—whew—and was pleased.  We ended by going out to his favorite restaurant for pizza.  Thanks, Aunt M and Uncle D, for a  yummy dinner! 

4.  One big project completed:  the switching around of beds. 

When I was due with Camden, Logan was still sleeping in the only crib we owned.  I wasn’t ready to move him out.  He wasn’t even two yet, not climbing out of the crib and a great sleeper.  I wasn’t about to disturb all that!  Plus, I didn’t want to be up with a newborn AND a toddler!  So a gracious friend offered us her crib.  Camden has been sleeping in this crib and now this gracious friend is pregnant herself and due in a few short months, therefore, needing this crib back. 

Logan’s crib is a convertible crib.  He’s been sleeping in it converted into a toddler bed.  So, we converted the toddler bed back into a crib and moved Camden into that.  Then Josh found a really cute lil’ bed for Logan.  It is exactly what we needed for him, just for a year or so, until he’s big enough for a top bunk bed. 

Check it out:

IMG_5733

Does anybody recognize this cute lil’ bed?????  10 points to whoever does! :)

And this is Camden’s “new” bed:

IMG_5734

(Yes, that’s my 9 year old in the crib w/ Camden.)

So this is their “new” little room:

IMG_5729

They love it!  Logan was a bit afraid he might fall out the first night, but he’s done just fine.  Camden really wants us to take the side off his bed so it’s a big boy bed, but I’m just not quite ready for that yet.  He seems to get this burst of energy right before bedtime and I’d rather be able to put him in his crib and know he’s stuck there.  :)

5.  We had BEAUTIFUL weather last week and then Sunday came.  Rain, sleet, snow, freezing rain, sleet, rain….blah!  Thankfully, where we are, we didn’t get a foot of snow.  Just slightly north they did.  But our roads were covered with a nice layer of ice this morning.  Not fun!

6.  My other project:  the basement.

I spent most of Sunday down in the basement cleaning, organizing, throwing stuff away.  I accomplished a lot.  I even got rid of all my maternity and baby clothes.  *gasp!*  Yes, it’s true.

(Well, technically, I didn’t get RID of them.  They’re still sitting downstairs.  But they’re in the Goodwill pile and I moved them from bines to garbage bags.  So it’s a step.)

7.  My next project:  I and E’s room.

IMG_5736

I told them to agree on a color and I’d paint their room.  That was two months ago.  They were having a hard time AGREEING on one color.  So I told them they could choose two colors and we’d paint two walls one color and the other two walls a different color.  Guess what they picked AND agreed upon???  Green and Gold! 

Have a blessed Monday!  My break is over with.  Back to work. :)

No comments: