Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Birthday Celebration

We had school to get done.  I had a job deadline.  But we put things in perspective and spent the morning making birthday cards, posters, wrapping presents and making a birthday cake!  After all, Dad is way more important than school and work.  :)

IMG_5686

Nothing’s better than homemade birthday cards:

IMG_5716

IMG_5715

IMG_5714

IMG_5720 IMG_5717

IMG_5727

IMG_5724

IMG_5718

IMG_5721

And then the presents….

Logan made Dad a party chicken.  Camden made Dad a party cow.

IMG_5723

IMG_5687

IMG_5689

IMG_5697

Eli gave Dad an Aaron Rodgers card, a Mike McCarthy card and an Eli Hart card (that last guy is the new and upcoming guy in soccer…supposed to be really good.:)

IMG_5699

Isaac gave Dad a Super Bowl Champion shirt.

IMG_5713

I got him this scale, which, believe it or not, he really wanted.  And NOT digital.  Well, needless to say, both of us aren’t too fond of this scale anymore.  It’s really off.  Maybe I should return it….

And, of course, no birthday is complete without cake!

IMG_5682 

IMG_5703

IMG_5704

The boys were excited because we got the “trick” candles for Dad.  The trick candles were a huge disappointment though.  They did not perform any tricks.

IMG_5711

All the boys enjoyed the cake.  Yes, it was an allergen-free cake.  It was very yummy!  Unfortunately,  Josh was too full from his Texas Roadhouse dinner to eat his cake.  But the boys were happy to eat it.

IMG_5712

Chocolate cake with dark chocolate frosting. 

IMG_5693

Happy Birthday, Dad!

IMG_5706

I had to add these in of Camden.  He’s turning into quite the little ham for the camera.  Should I expect any less than that though?!?!?  :)