Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ode to Stormy




This is Stormy. He was Eli's chicken. Favorite chicken. Pet chicken. I've never seen a boy love a chicken as much as Eli loved Stormy. I think Stormy might have had some similar feelings because he sure put up with a lot from Eli.


Eli taught him how to do tricks like walking on a tight rope--while spinning it. He would go on walks with Eli, which consisted mainly of Eli throwing Stormy up into the air and then running after him, catching up and doing it all over again.


Unfortunately, today Stormy died. It is a very sad day for Eli. It's like he has lost a friend.


I encouraged Eli to take those memories and never forget them. He had a special relationship with Stormy and I never want him to forget it. He has great stories to tell of Stormy. And maybe, just maybe, some day he'll get another chicken that he can "train" just like Stormy.


Rest In Peace, Stormy.

I know you will be missed terribly by one little boy.


No comments: