Friday, November 20, 2009

Up the nose

I’m cleaning the carpets the other day and as I’m doing this, I hear a little voice following me around.   You know how  you can be so engrossed in what you’re doing, you don’t notice what’s really doing on around you???  That was me.

The little voice (and I do mean little, quiet voice) was saying, “I think I have something up my nose……I think so.”

It took a couple times of this voice saying this before I tuned back in to reality and realized it was Logan.

“What do you have up your nose?”  I said, not really concerned.  I mean, my kids have never stuck anything up their nose.

Logan responds with, “I don’t know, Mom.”

“Maybe it’s a booger.  Do you need to blow your nose?”

As we’re having this little conversation back and forth, I walk into Camden’s room where there is a bean bag filled with those little styrofoam peanut thingies. 

Logan walks over and picks one up and says, “I think it’s one of these, Mom.”  (notice he said I THINK.)

“What?!?  Logan, did you put one of those up your nose?”

“I think so, Mom.”

Sure enough, as I look up into his nose, I can see a little styrofoam peanut way up there.   Ahhh!

I drag him into the bathroom and tell him to be brave while Mommy tries to fish out this thing with a tweezers.  It took several tries (it was way up there), but I was able to get it out.  I was amazed that it could even fit in his tiny little nose. 

And Logan, he sure is keeping me on my toes.  Things Isaac and Eli never did, Logan is doing.  I have to keep my eyes on him constantly because I never know what he’s going to do next.


Oh, and the bean bag had a hole in it and is now out in the garbage cans at the end of the road.

No comments: