Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

I’ve been sitting here reading through my friends’ blogs and postings and thinking of what I want to write today.  My heart is overflowing with thankfulness this year.  And I’m not quite sure how to put that into words.

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  I love it because there are no furry bunnies, leprechauns, or old men in red suits.  There is no pressure to find the perfect gift on  Thanksgiving.  It is simply a holiday to reflect on what we are thankful for.  It is a time to spend with family remembering old memories and making new ones. 

This year I am beyond thankful.  I am in love with my life.  God is opening my eyes to so many wonderful gifts and I am so thankful for His wisdom.  Every day we are given the gift of life by God and we need to be thankful for each day. 

I am thankful for God who died for my sins.  I am thankful to know Him and have a relationship with Him.

I am thankful for my husband.  He is the love of my life and although we’ve had our fair share of struggles, we continue to grow closer through each one.  I look forward to each day with him and seek God to be at the center of our marriage.

I am thankful for my four boys.  Each day is an adventure and I treasure each moment.   God has made each one of my boys special in their own way.  I am thankful that I am able to have a large family.  We have so much fun and enjoy much laughter together.

I am thankful for all the little things that can be taken for granted each day.  I count them all as blessings from God. 

We ARE so blessed, even with our trials, aren’t we?

No comments: