Yes, that’s the time I’ve been awake since. Little Camden started crying at 3:30 a.m. and didn’t go to sleep again until 6:15 a.m. I went back to sleep for 20 more minutes, until Logan woke up. Coffee, coffee, coffee!!!!!!
I tried sleeping in our bed and in the recliner with him. No go. I even made a makeshift bed on the floor in Camden’s room and laid down there with him. I figured I’d just clonk out there and he could do whatever—we were trapped in his room so he wasn’t really going anywhere if I fell asleep. That worked until he smacked the back of his head into my cheek bone. Ouch!!!! That HURT!!!!! And then I lost it. No, I didn’t get angry at him. I burst into tears and cried…..and cried….and cried. I couldn’t stop. It was just waves of sobs, fresh tears constantly. I was a wreck. And it also felt good. As I was crying, I felt months of frustration coming out. Each sob was another frustration being unleashed. I sobbed and sobbed asking over and over again, what’s wrong with Camden, why won’t he sleep, is it in my head, what do we do. It was like 16 months of sleepless nights had finally caught up to me and I just couldn’t take it anymore.
I was a sight! But I think it’s what I needed to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment