The latest thing going around Facebook is to write one thing every day in your status that you’re thankful for. I thought I’d write one thing on my blog that I’m thankful for every day. I know I missed yesterday though.
This thought occurred to me last night as I was laying in bed talking to my hubby. Somehow we got talking about stay-at-home moms and how many of my friends/acquaintances are actually stay-at-home moms, meaning they don’t work outside the home at all; strictly stay home. The list was rather short.
Of course, when I realized how short the list was, I had to say thank you to my husband. I am so thankful that he allows me to be home with our boys. I am thankful that I am able to be the one who is there each morning and the one who ends each day with them. I am thankful that my husband works so very hard to provide for our family.
I am also thankful for God’s blessings. It isn’t easy staying home. I still deal with my fair share of trials and tribulations and being a one-income family has its downfalls. But I gladly give up more materialistic things for the time I share with my kids. I believe it’s the memories that we create, not the amount of toys on the shelves, that kids remember.
I am also thankful that I am able to home school my kids. So many think I’m crazy when they hear that I home school (and by choice!), but I LOVE it!!! I love the stories we read together, the conversations we have and the time we spend. It is something I will treasure when my boys are grown.
I know staying at home is not for every mom. But for me, I believe it’s exactly where God wants me to be. I am training these boys up in the ways of the Lord. He has borrowed them to me here on this earth and it is my job to raise them to be Godly men. What greater job is there?!?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment