Friday, September 5, 2008

First week of school....and more

Well, here we are...it's Friday and we've made it through our first week of school. I meant to post on Tuesday after the first day but my computer has been giving me nothing but problems lately. It's like it has a mind of its own....kind of scary. Some days it's like someone else is running my computer.



Anyways, the first day of school went well. Actually the first week went well. I am very surprised at how Isaac has adjusted. He seems to really enjoy it and told me "I think I made a bunch of friends" on the first day. He is very talkative when I pick him up, telling me what he did. His teacher gives the students challenges to earn extra points, kind of like extra credit, and Isaac is all over that. He loves the challenge! If I'm a few minutes late picking him up, I can find him writing something down or burying his nose in a book to find the answer to something. It's great.



Eli has also adjusted well, but it's a little harder for him. The first day went well. He didn't have too many negative things to say and he told me he made one friend. I said, hey, one friend is better than none! I noticed after the second day that he was very tired. He's exhausted at night and has a hard time getting up in the morning. Last night he even asked to go to bed at 7:30 and look at books until bedtime. Yikes! I was in a state of shock. He is also very talkative after school telling me what he did. He wasn't very happy to hear that there were 180 days of school though. I think he thought this whole school thing was like a week-long gig and then he was done. I have noticed he benefits greatly if left alone in his room for an hour to play. He needs that downtime by himself.



As for me, I'm still getting used to the house being so quiet. I noticed I had the TV on more during the day lately--something I never did before. I wasn't even watching it. I just needed the noise to make the house not so quiet. Sad, I know. My mornings seem to go pretty fast. Between Logan and Camden, there's always one who needs me. But it's those afternoons where they're both napping at the same time that it's way too quiet. I know that time will eventually be filled with my work and I should try to enjoy it now. I'm usually running around cleaning or trying to get some laundry done and put away.



Logan seems kind of sad without his brothers all day. My mom has been coming over in the mornings to stay with him and Camden while I run I and E to school. Logan doesn't seem to like this at all. He would much rather go with us. Every time we get in the car he says, "Where's Isaac....where's Eli?" Today I found him laying in Eli's bed before naptime. I can't even imagine what is going through his little mind. First his dad leaves and now his brothers. At least his brothers come home at some point.



Camden has no clue that his brothers are gone. He has taken a downward turn after he seemed to be better. Just lots of crying again and not sleeping good. I'm hoping it will turn around soon. It's awfully hard to get things done at night with him screaming.



Here is a link to the first day of school pictures... http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?UV=616499904651_875053970211&mode=fromsite&collid=88876889111.528272970211.1220638439856&conn_speed=1

The goofy look on Isaac's face is not because he wasn't excited about the first day of school. It's because he was so excited to get to school he didn't want to stop for pictures.

No comments: