Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, Logan!

I can't believe this lil' guy is two already! Where did those two years go? Wow! It honestly seems like just yesterday that he was the baby of the family.
I know I'm late in posting a birthday message for Logan, but Josh came home last Thursday and it's been a busy time and a time of just enjoying each other. I am so relieved he's home. He actually got laid off so he's off of work this whole week. And he did get an elk, which makes the trip more worthwhile. Meat for our family!
Logan.....you are two! I woke you up on your birthday singing "Happy Birthday to You." You were covering my mouth and saying, "No, Mom, No." Boy, you are so two! I love you to pieces. You are such a cute lil' guy resembling Eli so much. You are repeating EVERYTHING we say and it's so cute. I am starting to see the "terrible twos" emerging though. Isaac said he can't wait to see a terrible two tantrum and I told him you've already thrown some. Luckily, they're short-lived. You've always been fairly easygoing but I think the age of two may change that a little bit. You are still a thumbsucker and hair twirler. I can't even count how many haircuts I've given you already. You are constantly twirling your hair into knots! A couple weeks ago I cut it pretty short in the back so you couldn't create knots in your hair. Just yesterday though I saw you were doing the knots again because your hair has grown already.
You love your brothers so much. You always want to do what Isaac and Eli are doing, including school. Yesterday I took you with to take them to school and you were very upset when you couldn't get out of the car and go with. You are such a lover to Camden always smothering him with kisses and hugs. He is smiling at you now and you think that's the greatest. You are wonderful at sharing your toys with him, even though he doesn't play with them yet!
Your second birthday wasn't the greatest for you. You love going to Grandma's house ("Beema's"). That's what you wanted to do on your birthday. We were going to go there for a bit and then the park. While at Beema's playing outside you stumbled onto a bee's nest and were attacked by bees. I heard you crying and ran to find you being swarmed by bees and also up your shirt/on your shirt. It was so scary! You suffered six stings, mostly on your arms. I am so thankful God was watching over you. You didn't swell up hardly at all!
We had a party for you the following Saturday. It was a "train-train" party. You love trains so we went with a Thomas the Train party. We also got out the ol' train table and trains, track from when Isaac was little. You are thrilled with your new yet old present.
I love you, Logan. I am so excited to see what God has in store for you your second year.

No comments: