We are officially halfway through the 2011-2012 soccer season. The fall season ended last weekend. Eli’s team did great this year with a record of 4-1-2. That is, 4 wins, 1 loss, and 2 ties.
I really enjoyed watching Eli play this year. Not that I didn’t in previous years, but this year he was U11 and things were a bit more serious. Kids are playing because they really want to play (not because their parents are forcing them to), his coach took practice and games serious and expected the same from his players, and the whole team really grew together. The games were exciting to watch and I actually looked forward to them. I am proud of Eli’s hard work. He ended the year on a not-so-good note getting a concussion at his last practice and twisting his ankle bad, but he still played his hardest. He never let any injury get him down and always played his best.
Great job, Eli! Looking forward to the spring season (and hoping the weather cooperates as nice as the fall season did!)
No comments:
Post a Comment