Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Physical therapy decreased!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

Camden was reassessed today by his physical therapist.  She came with the expectation that she would reassess him and probably decrease him to every other week.  I had the same expectations.  Wow, were we surprised!

Camden did so well on the test that she has decreased him to once a MONTH!  He has come so far since we last set our goals in the beginning of November.  We set five goals back then and he has made all but one of those goals.  He was a little over 30% delayed in the beginning of November and he is now 20% delayed.  I am so happy!!!  I knew he had made a lot of progress over the last month, but I didn’t realize how much. 

As soon as Ms. Heather left, I sat back and watched Camden and man, did the tears come!  I watched this happy little boy walking around with his brothers, playing and laughing….it was wonderful.  What a journey we’ve been on.   I had nothing but tears of joy. 

About a month ago I was listening to my iPod when “More Beautiful You” by Johnny Diaz came on.  I love this song and it’s message to young girls.  I was feeling pretty down because we were at a low with Camden and suddenly this song took on a new meaning. 

There could never be a more beautiful you
Don't buy the lies disguises and hoops they make you jump through
You were made to fill a purpose that only you could do
So there could never be a more beautiful you”

God was telling me that Camden is beautiful just the way he is.  God made him and has a purpose for him,  just him.  God makes us in His image.  He wove us together….we’re not created by mistake and without purpose.  And it doesn’t matter what’s on the outside.  God looks at our heart. 

No comments: