Thursday, January 28, 2010

It’s still there

Once again, just as I’m thinking Camden has outgrown his reflux—he’s been doing so great—it bites me in the butt and says, Hello, I’m still here to haunt you!   Darn, I hate that reflux.

He’s had two somewhat bad nights with difficulty sleeping, not wanting to lay down.  I noticed two days ago he was refluxing noticeably quite a few times and wondered what was going on.  Why would he get through a recent cold and a food allergy attack without a reflux flare up, and then suddenly a couple days later, the reflux is flaring up?  What gives.

Yesterday Camden seemed “off.”  I noticed he was clingy, tired, low key and sneezing.  I kept thinking, he cannot be getting another cold.  He literally just got over one a week ago.  Then his nose started running.  And sure enough,  another cold.  This one sounds more chest-related so maybe that is why it’s flaring up his reflux.  I don’t really know. 

It’s been three weeks since his last chiropractor appointment.  Maybe that’s why too.  I cannot let our busy schedule dictate when he goes to the chiropractor.  He was doing so good so I thought we could wait a week before going back, but then that week turns into another week.  This boy still needs that chiro adjustment to help him.  So yes,  it’s already on the schedule that he WILL be going to the chiropractor tomorrow. 

(Gosh, I’m definitely NOT going to get the  Mother of the Year award this month, hey?)

No comments: