When Camden woke up yesterday morning, I realized why he had had a reflux flare up…..a cold. The reflux flare-up symptoms always come before the sickness symptoms.
Darn! He just got over a cold bug.
Yesterday was tough for him….reflux-wise. I noticed him physically refluxing a lot and struggling wit the coughing and gagging, choking (just like in the beginning). Just about every time he drank something, he would choke. He did nap well in the afternoon, but it was as the late afternoon/evening went on, that the refluxing got worse and I wondered how our night would go.
And our night was awful. He didn’t want to go to bed to begin with and started with the screaming, which led to intense coughing, which I know aggravates the reflux. I tried to give him aloe vera juice to soothe the esophagus, but he would spit it out. I also tried Rescue Remedy, which is homeopathic medicine, to relax him. I held him and snuggled him and he seemed fine, but as soon as I would say, “Let’s go night night,” he’d burst into tears. Finally at 9:30 he fell asleep. The sleep lasted until 2:22 a.m. It was all downhill from there. If we were upright in the chair, he was sleeping. But as soon as we reclined at all or if I dare tried to lay him flat in his bed (thinking he was deep asleep), he’d sit up and cry right away. If he had not had those great nights of sleeping 12 hours, I would think he was just putting on an act. I do believe it’s hurting him to lay down flat.
So another night in the recliner. My body is starting to feel it. I am not meant to sleep in a chair! I’M going to need the chiropractic adjustments soon!
Overall, this cold seems like just that….a cold. No fever, wheezing, nagging cough, etc. I’m not sure why the reflux is acting up so much with this cold.
But the frustration continues here.....especially because we're snowbound now and stuck and can't get to the chiropractor.
No comments:
Post a Comment