Today is the start of our vacation. I’ve been up since 5 a.m. trying to tie up last minute things. We had some issues with our van recently and I had to spend my last day to get ready at the fix-it shop. I was not happy about that!
But alas,vacation day is here. We’re going up north to a little cabin right on the lake. It has a beach, basketball, playground, campfire pit, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats and so much more. We rented a pontoon boat too.
This was our vacation year and we debated so much about what to do. We always said this would be our year to do Disney. We also debated California and Legoland. But in the end, we decided a nice, quiet vacation is what we needed. After the year we’ve had, we just needed something to get away from it all. Things still can be hectic and a simple cold with Camden always means a very crabby baby and not much sleep. Honestly, I didn’t have the energy for an“all-out vacation.” I was a little disappointed at first about not flying somewhere or going even out of the state, but now there’s nothing I’m looking forward to more and I know it was the perfect fit for us right now.
So we shall return in a week. Hopefully we will catch lots of fish….the boys each are equipped with their very own fishing poles and their excitement is bubbling over. I will be sure to take lots of pictures and enjoy every moment of this trip.
Tata for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment