Today I spent the day with my oldest son Isaac. It's been a while since it's just been me and him together for most of the day (well, Camden too but does he count when he's so little???). I had to take him to the dentist bright and early this morning, 9:30 a.m. And when you have a 3 week old, 9:30 a.m. is bright and early!
We had some other errands to do too. I'm not up to taking all four out on big outings so I dropped Eli and Logan off with Grandma.
It wasn't until our day was almost through and we were in the grocery store that I actually saw Isaac through different eyes than I do every other day. I realized that he has really grown up. I know he's only nine, but those nine years have gone really fast. It was so good to actually talk with him one on one. I realized how respectful he is, how helpful he is, how loving he is.
I am sorry, Isaac, if I don't tell you this every day. I appreciate all you do, being the oldest, to help Mom out. I appreciate how you do what I ask, even if it seems that I ask a little more out of you because you are the oldest. You are a wonderful example to your younger brothers and I hope they follow in your footsteps.
I hope the next nine years don't go so fast because that puts you at 18 and that's just way too scary for this mom. :)
2 comments:
Don't know if you ever read these comments but i hope they are saved like you blog is. I look at it often and love to read your updates. I can't believe "little man" is 9 ...where did that time go. When Kiera is 9 he will be 18...i will have a babysitter! :) That is a positive way to look at it! I love the way you are a awesome mother ... i hope i can be as wonderful as you! You really are an incredible women to those 4 boys! LOVE YOU!
Thanks so much! You made me cry. I do save the comments, although I think you're the only one who leaves any. :)
Post a Comment