Thursday, August 21, 2008

Second school playgroup

Well, we had the second (our second attending, their third hosting) school playgroup yesterday. This is simply a playgroup for the first graders (and their siblings) to get to know one another before the first day of school. Isaac and Eli both were much more welcoming of this event. There were a few more people there than last time, but still a lot missing. About seven kids total and there are 22 in Eli's class. Once again though, Eli fit right in. Isaac too. The big "thing" this time was the acorns. This school is not really in a town, but it does have huge trees covering the playground and a nature trail nearby and a creek. Lots of frogs in the creek we hear. All the kids were collecting acorns to see who could get the most. That soon turned into an acorn throwing contest, or battle might be a better way to put i. I was a little concerned, but everyone seemed to enjoy it so I went with the flow. :) The boys even let the girls throw at them without throwing back for a while.
I was very pleased because Eli's teacher came out to meet all the kids. Her name is Mrs. Kujawa (ka-jaw-wa). I had to say the name over and over again in my head to remember how to pronounce it. Eli still can't remember it. Maybe she'll let the kids call her Mrs. K. She seems very nice.
Less than two weeks and school starts. Isaac seems excited-somewhat. Eli, not so much, but he just doesn't want his playing days to end.
All the moms seemed very nice. They also seemed to know each other very well, and I did feel like the oddball or newcomer on board. I guess it shows how close they all become over the school year.
I've received lots of e-mails about volunteering for this and that. Yikes! Where do I fit that in????

1 comment:

Gift from above ... said...

It is nice to know that they will be going to a caring school. That will help you alot. It will be hard but YOU will survive. I am off that day 9/2/08 so if you need me let me know. pending baby I can try my best to distract you! :)