Well, I finally took Camden to the doctor on Friday. I couldn't take it anymore. I knew something was wrong. After talking to a friend who went through something similar with her son, I decided to call.
Diagnosis: GERD, or acid reflux. And a pretty good case of it!
The doctor prescribed Zantac twice a day. She started him off on a low dosage of it to see how that goes. I am also using a homeopathic remedy called Colic Calm. It is awesome! I notice a difference in Camden within minutes. It's been a lifesaver! I ran out this weekend and immediately ordered more of it. I may stock up on a few more bottles too. I highly recommend it. Coliccalm.com is the only place you can get it. Read all about it.
Back to Camden. Yes, he has acid reflux. He has just about every symptom of it too. Fussy/crying after eating, sudden bursts of painful crying, poor sleeping habits, persistent hiccups, sour breath, chokes/gags, spits up, hoarseness, congestion, always wants to be held, prefers to be upright/inclined position, nursing a lot or refusing to nurse, excessive crying, crying, CRYING!!!!! The doctor said he could have another sort of reflux because of his hoarseness and congestion. The congestion could also be due to an allergy to something, most likely food allergy. Only time will tell us that. I will still be eliminating dairy in my diet. I'm seriously considering supplementing with formula though.
Doctor also recommended he sleep in his car seat so he's more upright. Seems funny to have such a nice crib and bassinet, yet he prefers his car seat. He sleeps so much more better in there! She also suggested sleeping on his belly as this helps put pressure on something that helps alleviate his pain. (Sorry, I can't remember all the medical terms.)
If there's no improvement in him today, then doctor will increase his medication. I thought we had some improvement yesterday morning but then it all went downhill in the afternoon. We'll see what today brings.
Keep praying for him and me too, that I can remain sane, especially with Josh leaving on his elk hunt in three days.
No comments:
Post a Comment