Saturday, January 7, 2012

Basketball season

Remember my post about basketball and the agonizing decision of whether to do it or not do it?!?!?  Remember how I really prayed about the decision and felt it was something we should let the boys do?!?!?

I can’t tell you how much we have been blessed by our boys playing basketball.  One of my concerns was that Josh would never be able to make it to a game.  With this back injury and only working four hours a day, he’s made it to most of the games.  Going to the games together has become a wonderful family night activity that we ALL look forward to.  They always play on the same night, same school one right after the other. 

I have watched my boys play basketball with Josh for years.  Our basketball court at home is rather funny.  It’s in our front yard, the grass is worn away and only hard packed dirt is left.  We have two basketball hoops (one homemade style by Uncle Dennis) set up as a mini court.  The boys and Josh have played there for many years—many, MANY games.  As soon as the weather is warm enough, it’s like a ritual that they play a game of hoops when Dad comes home from work before coming in for dinner.  Many nights I’ve yelled out the door for the game to be over with because supper is ready. 

Now my boys are playing on an actual team.  They both enjoy it.  They’ve both learned a lot.  And I secretly think Josh may be a coach next year.  (He yells enough from the stands to be one Smile )

IMG_8089

For Eli, basketball is like second nature.  It comes easy for him.  He’s good.  He plays the whole game usually. 

IMG_8075

Shooting free throws!

Shootin’ free throws!

IMG_8084

Eli plays on the 5-6th grade team and last week was asked to play on the 7-8th grade team also (Isaac’s team).

 

IMG_8104

Isaac has to work a bit harder, but he’s still good and he’s come a long way since starting in November.  I’m proud of him.  This is his first team sport and he’s doing great!

IMG_8105

 

Basketball season….something I’ve come to like….very much Smile

No comments: