Well, here I sit at the end of another long day. I’ve sent the boys outside to play football and run off some energy with the promise that supper will be ready soon.
(Honestly, I sent them outside so I can enjoy some quiet time while eating some M&Ms. :) I have no intention of working on supper for at least another 45 minutes. )
I thank you for the birthday wishes. My birthday was okay. Two of the boys were sick with some awful stomach virus. I was up with Logan from 11:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. the night before my birthday. Then Camden decided to get up at 7 a.m. Lovely. Happy birthday to me, eh? At least birthday to me, no happy.
But whatcha gonna do? Tis life. And it’s my life. So onward and upward.
We had plans to head up north a bit to a Buckskinners Encampment (reenactment of pre-1800s life) and as much as I tried to ditch the plans, Josh refused to let me. So we packed up the stroller to push around the sickie, along with a puke bucket, and away we went.
The car ride up there (45 minutes) didn’t seem to help the two sick boys. By the time we arrived, they were feeling pretty lousy. We plopped Logan into the stroller, but Isaac is a bit big to push around and they did not have wheelchair rentals back in the 1800s. So poor Isaac staggered around with us. I encouraged him to sit down whenever he had a chance and after a bit, he seemed to get better. I honestly think it was the car ride that pushed him over the edge. Even Logan perked up after two hours of riding around in the stroller. :)
It was a fun time and such a learning experience. I am always amazed at history and how people lived back then. It was such a simple, yet difficult, time. The little things in life were appreciated and people were so much more friendly and neighborly. Josh decided that once our kids have grown up, we’re going to join this encampment. We’ll see….
Originally, pre-sick kids, Josh and I were going to go out to dinner alone for my birthday. Once our babysitter fell sick, and I felt bad asking anyone else to watch our sick kids, we decided against the date. We made a better choice: take the sick kids with! Ha, ha, ha! Yes, you read that correctly. We went out to eat WITH our sick kids – oh, and our healthy ones too. See, this stomach virus comes and goes and when we decided on dinner, the virus was under control for both of them. Dinner was good, if a screaming three year old and a whining five year old is your thing.
I was happy to get home.
I was also very tired, as my 45 minutes of solid sleep from the night before was catching up to me.
I’ve learned one thing as I get older. Birthdays certainly do get less exciting the older you get, BUT as long as I’m surrounded by my family, it’s a special day regardless of what we do.
I hear the natives are getting restless out there so I guess I should really get started on that supper thing I promised them.
Blessings to you and yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment