Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Work and downtime

So my “work” never came yesterday.  Apparently, my reporter didn’t have the right equipment so they had to call in another reporter. I was quite bummed!  Yet it was nice to have an unexpected surprise of freedom in my week.

And then less than an hour after that news, another reporter contacted me to do a case today and tomorrow.  So I will be busy again eventually.

In the meantime, I’m taking advantage of the downtime.

We’re starting earlier on school and taking much more time to go through things and also explore things we sometimes don’t have time for.  It’s been a very enjoyable week, school-wise.

I was also able to get into the chiropractor today.  It relieved some of my sciatic pain, but it’s still there so I will be going back on Friday.  Hopefully that visit will nip this in the butt—literally! :)

Camden also came along with me to the chiro.  He’s been complaining about his ears frequently and not sleeping the best.  He had so much fluid build up on his right side.  I am so thankful I didn’t take him in to the doctor though.  He would probably have been diagnosed with an ear infection and put on antibiotics—the last thing his body needs!

And finally, my latest project.  Something I have always wanted to do, but something I never thought I could do.  Beading!

Check out my first project:

IMG_5743

These are all the beads:  Indian agate beads and chips, gold freshwater pearls and black stone beads.  I sorted all the beads in to piles, set them in their order and slowly strung them on the wire.  Then repeated the process SIX times.  I thought it would take me forever, but it actually took less than an hour, start to finish.

IMG_5746

IMG_5748

The finished product!  It’s an Indian Agate coil bracelet and/or necklace.  I’m so proud of myself!  Hooray for me!  :)

 

On another note, today is Ginger the Guinea Pig’s birthday.  She’s two years old!  Happy Birthday, Ginger!  She received some fresh lettuce for her birthday~yum!

Blessings to you!

No comments: