Yes, my life is busy. Being a stay-at-home mom to four boys, who also works at home and home schools makes life quite busy. But I do enjoy it, all the ups and downs that it brings. Some days I have to learn to see the joy, but it’s always there.
The past couple days were quite busy. Thursday I received an expedited, daily turnaround job. Whew, I was excited because the work week had been slow-to-nothing and here I had the opportunity to make what I would like to make per week in one day. It certainly wasn’t easy though. The deposition was of a chemist with a British accent who talked as if everyone else in the world understood chemical reactions just like he did. Whew! Not fun.
After working from Thursday afternoon to Friday morning at 1:30 a.m., almost nonstop (I took a one-hour break for supper and of course, potty breaks), I was able to turn the job in on time. I offered up lots of prayers over that job because it was not easy!
Followed by that was another expedited job and that led into my weekend, which was already busy. But you know what, nothing is impossible with God and I was able to do it all and get it all done, by God’s grace alone. Amen!
We had yet another birthday party weekend. I think this was our third in a row! I spent the morning cooking and baking for my kids so they could eat “normally” at the party. Third Saturday I’ve made pizza crust, cupcakes, frosting all from scratch. Seeing my kids enjoy it all is worth it all.
This week we made vanilla cupcakes, instead of the usual chocolate. These were for Cousin Ellie’s party (she had picked vanilla cupcakes too but hers had pink frosting—my boys weren’t too fond of pink frosting so we went with chocolate frosting.)
Yummy! For those of you interested in my allergen-free baking, I highly suggest Cybele Pascal’s cookbooks. She makes allergen-free taste good!
Logan is enjoying even the bits of crumbs left on the counter from the cupcakes. :)
What a face!
This is what I use for goat cheese on the pizza. EXPENSIVE! but so far, the only brand my kids like. I’m hoping to make my own goat cheese some day. It’s over $5 for this little 8 oz. package.
Cuties. And best buds.
After our morning of baking and cooking (and a short nap/quiet time for the little ones), we headed into the par-tah! It was an ice skating party.
The birthday girl!
Logan enjoying his cupcake.
Camden enjoying his cupcake.
Isaac and Cousin Collin hanging out, taking a break from skating.
Eli enjoying his cupcake.
Logan showing off his skates
All the kids, minus Logan.
Joshua skating.
Eli skating.
Isaac skating. Poor guy fell and hit his teeth and his knee. His knee is one big bruise.
Oh, it’s so hard to get everyone to hold still, look at the camera and smile!
Josh giving Eli some tips.
Grandpa and Logan. Poor Logan literally had to be held up, but he just loved ice skating and now he wants to have an ice skating birthday party too!
This was my boys first time ice skating and they enjoyed it. Some more than others.
Sunday Josh went on his annual last day of fishing trip with his fishing buddy. And he actually caught a fish! Just one though. The boys enjoyed it for dinner that night.
Unfortunately, I had to spend most of Sunday afternoon and evening working, but I am glad I was able to enjoy the rest of the week.
Now, onward and upward to a new week!
Blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment