Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day seven—Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney and then vacation over, heading home.  :(

Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney 2

I left my camera in the car—oops—so these are pics I just snapped with my phone.  I love the one of Camden and Logan with their hats on.  They love these hats.  They also each got Mickey ear hats, but those aren’t a hit like the Pluto and Goofy ones are.

We woke up Friday morning with the intent to start driving home that evening.  We slept in and we were just real lazy.  Slowly starting to pack things up. 

We ate lunch at the townhouse and then packed up the car before heading out to Downtown Disney for the rest of the day.  What a beautiful last day it was!  The temps had warmed up, the wind was gone and it was just wonderful soaking in the sun.  We even contemplated staying longer.  :)

Unfortunately, I had woken up with a headache that started the night before and I just couldn’t shake it.  Overall, I just wasn’t feeling very well at all.  Then the stomach cramping set in that afternoon. Ugh! 

We left Orlando about 5 p.m., drove for an hour or so and then stopped for dinner.  It was then that Eli told us he wasn’t feeling well either and would not be eating.  Camden and Logan didn’t eat a whole lot either, but we didn’t think much of that because they were definitely acting fine.

Sometime around 11 p.m. Logan started crying in his sleep and then complaining that his tummy hurt.  He kept crying and crying so we finally stopped.  Well, actually, this process continued for a couple hours.  And then Camden started too.  I think he started around midnight.  Tummies  hurting. 

It was a long drive home. 

It didn’t really take any longer than it did on the way down, but it sure seemed like we were constantly stopping every 2-3 hours. 

Thankfully, we made it home around 3 p.m. Saturday.  The boys are so happy to be back home.  So am I actually.  It’s so much fun to go on vacation, but it’s also so wonderful to come back home. 

And we were even home in time for the Packers game.  And they won!  Of course, I know I didn’t stay up for the game. 

No comments: