Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day four—Animal Kingdom

We decided to let the boys sleep in a bit for today and head to Animal Kingdom mid morning.  Ha, ha!  They never sleep in when you plan it!  We did move slower this morning and arrived at the park about 10:30 a.m. 

IMG_5412

IMG_5413

IMG_5414

IMG_5418

IMG_5420

IMG_5422

IMG_5424

IMG_5426

IMG_5450

Josh, Isaac and I went on this Mt.Everest roller coaster.  It was scary awesome, but I loved it!!  One of the best roller coasters  (that doesn’t go upside down) that I’ve been on.

IMG_5428

Snack time in the sun!  Soaking up the Vitamin D!

IMG_5429

There is huge dragon lizard behind him, but you can’t really see it.

IMG_5432

AH!  A snake! 

IMG_5437

On a safari!

IMG_5438

A hippo!

IMG_5442

African elephants!

IMG_5443

Flamingos.

IMG_5446

A lion—ROAR!

IMG_5448 

This is the “It’s Tough to be a Bug” 3D show!   Logan and Camden literally FREAKED out in this show!  I had to cover Camden with this blankie—head and all!  I was laughing so hard at them, I missed half the show!  Eli isn’t the happiest right here, as you can tell.  I can’t remember exactly why though.

IMG_5452

Josh won Logan a small basketball bear and Eli won Camden a small basketball bear.  Just like those ones hanging up on top, but a little bit smaller.

IMG_5454

IMG_5455

Do you see Josh and Isaac?  Josh looks pretty scared and Isaac is ducking down.

IMG_5456

IMG_5457

IMG_5458

Animal Kingdom closed at 5 p.m., which was perfect because we needed an early night in.  We came back to our temporary home, made homemade pizza and watched Prince Caspian while the little ones went to bed early. 

We had never been to Animal Kingdom so we, obviously, had to go, but I definitely wouldn’t go back to this park.  Not one of my favorite Disney parks. 

Oh, and for those of you who think you need to spend a gazillion dollars on food at Disney and can’t pack a lunch.  Wrong!  We have packed a lunch both days.  Yes, you have to trek back to your car, but in my opinion, it’s worth it.  It would cost us close to $100 to feed our family of six in Disney.  A trek  back to the car gives everyone a little break time and time to unwind.  It allows us to sit and have a lunch and talk about our day so far.  I have not regretted it yet.  I’ve packed the back pack full of snacks for mid morning and then we usually buy a snack, like popcorn, a pretzel or ice cream, in the later afternoon.  We also brought in bottled water and filled those up in the park when we were out.  Works wonderfully!  Disney can be done on a budget!

Enough said.

Next stop:  Epcot!

No comments: