Friday, November 12, 2010

Busyness

Dear Faithful Readers,

Well, that is if I have any faithful readers left. 

Life has been crazy.  Work has doubled for me, homeschooling is still a priority and my kiddos need almost constant supervision (well, the two young ones). 

I was blessed with some down time this week though.  Tuesday morning I finished up the last job and breathed a sigh of relief.  I "*thought* I had just that day “off,” so I promised myself to use it wisely.  That one day turned into three days off and I have caught up on so much neglected stuff around the house.  I was even able to fit in some shopping, a hair appointment and some baking!  It’s been wonderful. 

I know so many of you struggle with the demands of life.  There’s one thing I’ve learned through my busyness the last few months.  If you can keep God at the center, it will all work out.  Wake up each morning and ask God to show you what to do, what is the most important, what HE wants YOU to accomplish in the day.  Your day will go much smoother.

“A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”  Proverbs 16:9

I love that verse.  It is such a reminder to us that we do need to seek Him with every decision we make.

Despite your busyness, you can’t just “go through the motions.”  Live a life of faith by praying that God will guide your heart and mind.  Then he will direct your actions.

In the midst of your busyness, God is still there.

With that said, I apologize for my lack of  posts.  So many of  you have shared with me how much you enjoy this blog and how blessed you have been at some point.  I am sorry for  my neglect.  I will continue writing, even if it’s only a few words.

Blessings.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Still a faithful reader...til the end!! ;)