Logan drew this picture today. It’s the first rainbow he’s ever drawn. It was perfect for today. Exactly what I needed.
Today started out like any other day. Busy with school, laundry and just “normal” every day things. Then I received a call from my mom. And the day changed…
A family from our church had been hit by a drunk driver on their way to school and the nine-year-old boy was killed.
The news hit me hard. The sadness overwhelming, the tears coming fast, I couldn’t even say anything to my mom. My heart literally hurts for this family.
Maybe it’s because I have a nine-year-old boy, maybe it’s because I just saw this family last Sunday at church….I don’t know. But the sadness was overwhelming.
My boys, especially Eli, had hurt and confusion in their eyes when I told them. Why? We don’t know. But we can take comfort knowing that he is in the arms of Jesus now. It was just too soon for his family. He was too young.
I am asking you to pray for this family. I can’t imagine their hurt, confusion, anger that they must be feeling.
I pray they will feel God’s peace upon them. Let them feel His arms holding them up.
I pray for the little brother who has lost a companion.
One of the first things my Eli said was, “Poor Bradley will have no older brother to look up to now.” True. But he also needs to know he now has a personal angel in heaven looking out for him.
Pray. Pray. Pray.
As I went about my day today, I almost felt guilty knowing how much their day, their life had just changed this morning.
Pray for your loved ones constantly. Hug them, kiss them, love on them. Treat every moment with your kids as if it is a gift from God because, really, it is.
Try to see the rainbow in your every day.
Blessings to you and your family. Go with God.
***************************
This is the story. The mom was Eli’s Sunday school teacher. The little boy, Carter, sat next to Eli many Sundays in class. He will be greatly missed.
2 comments:
I can't even imagine. I don't know this family but as I read you post I was taken to my knees in prayer. I hugged and kissed Matthew right away. As I read the posts yesterday I said to Steve, I bet ELi knows him because of his age..better yet all of them know him. YOu are right we have NO CLUE what that is like and I pray for this family in every way I can ....
Thanks for posting!!
Love you!
Me
So sad :( I can't imagine what they must be going through. As horrible as this is, I am thankful that he didn't have to suffer. A friend of mine, her 2 year old daughter has been suffering with a rare type of cancer that they just found out about this summer. They went through transplants and chemo only to find out that the transplant failed and there is no hope. After months of her being in the hospital, they brought her home so they can share the last days together as a family with her and her sister. My heart breaks for families whose childrens lives are cut short. I am thankful that they are believers in Christ. As painful as it is, they know they will someday see her again.
I take for granted sometimes what God has blessed me with.
Post a Comment