Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Diamonds in public!?!?

We were getting out of the car the other day at Target and as I went to lift Camden out of his car seat, he grabbed on to me and I felt my earring come out of my ear. I immediately put my hand to my ear and yep, my earring was gone. Uh-oh!

"Boys, you have to help me find my earring!"

Eli asks, "What does it look like, Mom?"

I show him the other earring still in my ear and he says, "Is that a diamond?"

"Yes, it is. Your dad bought them for me before we were even married. They're very special to me. Please help me find it."

Eli says,"Why would anyone wear DIAMONDS out in public?!?"

"I wear them every day. Just look for the earring."

Eli isn't happy. "Mom, every day? That's crazy! They're diamonds! You should keep them at home in hiding.



Thankfully, we found the earring. Eli found the diamond and Isaac found the back.



But all the way into the store Eli kept saying, "Why do you wear your diamond earrings out, Mom? You should really keep those at home. Do people really wear diamonds out in public? That's crazy."

Hmmm.....I wonder if Eli will buy his future wife a diamond. Something tells me he'll go for something cheap. :)

No comments: