Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to (home) school

School started yesterday.

Today was much better than yesterday.

We are on a rigid yet flexible schedule this year.  With a 6th grader, 3rd grader, preschooler and toddler, I need a schedule to get it all done!  I also need to be flexible with my schedule.

We’re starting year one of American history this year.  I think I may be more excited than my kids.  We will be doing  two years in a row of American history. 

Our first day was a rough one on so many different levels.  I still have some sick ones, so that adds a bit of stress, on top of some issues of my own. 

Yet I'm THRILLED that I don't have to get my kids up at the crack of dawn, and rush them through chores, and rush them through breakfast, and rush them out the door. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL that I can be home, and hug my kids (as often as I want ), that they can have a hot breakfast (or not) and start their days not feeling hurried & rushed, that I can take the time that is needed for each to thrive, that we can build relationships versus agendas.


So today I choose to embrace the gift of time that God has bestowed me with, and I will enjoy this day as it unfolds and celebrate another year of growing, loving, learning and exploring all that He has planned for us.

Blessings.

No comments: