Saturday, August 14, 2010

Busy with summer

Here I sit wondering how another whole week went by and I didn’t blog at all.  One reason:  summer. 

Funny how when spring is upon us and we’re anticipating summer, I always wonder how will we ever have time to just go to the beach for the day or the pool or have playdates at the park.  There’s too much to do!  And then summer comes and I go, oh, yeah, there’s time.  Other things get put aside.  It’s the lazy days of summer.

This week was a hot one.  On Monday I had to report for  jury duty bright and early.  After going through all the procedures, we were waiting to be escorted up to the courtroom and the baliff came down to tell us the case had been settled.  I was quite happy because this meant I got out of three days of sitting through a trial.  Woo hoo!

On Tuesday we went to the beach with Auntie T and Cousin Matthew.  The boys had a blast.  And it was nice to see my long lost sister.  I had not seen her in a month!

After the beach, we went to pick up a new member of the family:  a leopard gecko.  The boys were so excited!  The gecko came with the name “Louie” from his previous family, but the boys wanted to change it to “Lightning.”  Then it was changed to “Thunder” by Logan.  A couple of us keep calling him “Cricket,” because that’s what he eats.  “Did you feed Cricket?”  The boys will say, “Mom, he’s a LIZARD!'”  Oops.  So we’re thinking of changing his name to “Cricket” just because some of us keep calling him that.

The boys love the lizard and are having fun catching crickets to feed him.  He does have cute little eyes, but other than that, I stay away from him.  Josh is quite taken with him too. 

The rest of our week consisted of pool days or beach days.  Not much else to do when the temperature is 90 and the humidity is 100%.  I am looking forward to cooler days, but I am also just trying to enjoy these last hot days of summer. Before we know it those cool day will turn to cold days and then frozen days and we’ll all be stuck inside. 

Not sure when school will be starting around here.  I have finally decided on all our curriculum and it will be ordered this week.  We’re sticking with a literature-based curriculum as our core and adding it lots of other stuff.  The boys are even going to be learning Spanish this year and I  hope I will be too.  I found a GREAT deal on Rosetta Stone. 

That’s all around here.  Josh went fishing this morning and caught about 20 blue gills (BIG ones!) so we’re getting ready to fry those up.  Yum!

Catch ya later!

Blessings.

No comments: