Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Brown Cow Fest

So last Saturday we attended Brown Cow Fest.  For those of you who don’t know what this is, it’s basically a dairy farmer throwing a party. 

Logan and Camden were thrilled that the cows were right there by the people and they didn’t have to hike a 1/2 mile to see them, like they do at home.  They could just hang out by the fence watching the cows.  And that’s just what they did.  Sat and watched the cows.  Mooed to the cows.  Talked to the cows.  Threw apples at the cows.  It was pure cow heaven for those two little cow lovers.

As we were leaving (with our two little ones yelling “MOO!”—which I guess must be “goodbye” to the cows), Logan says to me, “I wish I could live here forever.”

“Where, here at the farm?”

“Yes, Mom, with the cows.”

It didn’t seem to matter whether Mom or  Dad or brothers were with him on the farm.  Just as long as the cows were close by.  Yes, I think when he says he’s going to be a farmer, there may  just be some truth to that.

No comments: