Thursday, May 13, 2010

Mother’s Day….and more

This is my first morning in I don’t know how long that I didn’t have to get up early to work.  I thought I’d take the time to catch up on here.

Yes, I have been busy with work, but in this feast or famine business, I’ll take it.  I know in a matter of a few days, it could change abruptly.  The long nights and early mornings were starting to take a toll on me though.  It was nice to catch up on some sleep last night.

My Mother’s Day was good.  We organized a brunch with my mom so she didn’t have to do any cooking or preparing.  And then we spent the afternoon with the other side of the family, crazing on food and enjoying a bonfire while the kids ran crazy. 

Josh bought me a washer and dryer for Mother’s Day.  Now, before you start bashing him on buying me something like that for Mother’s Day (because some have), let me tell you that IT’S WHAT I WANTED!!! 

IMG_3984

We didn’t necessarily “need” a new washer and dryer.  The old ones worked just fine (in fact, we have them for sale if you’re interested).  But we went for something more energy efficient.  I am now making my own laundry detergent and I love that I only need to use 1/2 tablespoon of detergent to my new machine. 

The weather around here has been pretty crummy lately.  Lots of rain and cold temps.  We’ve even had some hail, to which my boys immediately begged to go run out in to.  Something about hail was calling them.

IMG_3937

IMG_3940

IMG_3939

IMG_3943

They ran around like crazy collecting all the hail.

IMG_3941

And then showed it to me.  :)

IMG_3942

The awful weather has allowed us to concentrate more time on their schooling and wrapping things up for the year.  I am seriously contemplating going year round though.  We wouldn’t do school every day in the summer, or even every week.  It would be very light.  I think this would help with the fall, when it’s so hard to come back and remember things.  We’ll see.  This would also mean more breaks during the rest of the year, which would be very nice and I wouldn’t be so guilty when we have a busier week. 

Enjoy some of these Mother’s Day pictures.  I am so thankful for my boys and for each day I get to spend with them.   It is a blessing.

IMG_3947

IMG_3959

Camden and Logan taking a walk.

 

IMG_3957

Eli and Cousin H.  This was taken right after H fell out of a tree, so he’s trying to smile despite his pain.

IMG_3974

The yummy cake!

 

IMG_3977

Logan enjoying a special treat—a chocolate-covered strawberry!

 

IMG_3978

And Camden enjoying his tapioca bread.  :)

No comments: