Happy Birthday to Eli!
Yesterday was Eli’s birthday. For the first time in nine years, it was warm enough to consider spending the day at the beach for this birthday. So that’s what we did. And we had a great time.
Each one of my boys (except Camden) came up to me at different points and said, “This is so much fun.” They’re definitely sand and water boys! Sand and water can entertain them for hours. I didn’t really think any one would go swimming, that the water would be too cold, but they were all in the water.
As always, Eli was spent a lot of time looking for fish. And there were a ton of little fish to be seen. Even Logan walked out and if he stood really still, he was able to see fish swimming around. We even saw a snake swimming along shore!!!!! Yuck! I did my best to contain myself and not freak out screaming like a lunatic! :)
Grandma (“G”) and cousins Ellie and Will were even able to join us for a couple of hours. And things are always more fun with cousins.
Logan was collecting all the little shells. He was just in heaven; he loves collecting shells!!!
The humidity is certainly making this boy’s hair even more curly!
It was a fun time at the beach (despite the snake).
Our day didn’t end there though. In the evening we ordered Domino’s pizza, which was Eli’s choice because he loves it. And then we went to see Shrek: Forever After. All my boys were EXHAUSTED by the time we got home.
Eli received a framed basketball picture of Michael Jordon from his brother, Isaac. Michael Jordon is one of his favorite players and he LOVED it.
Then he got an iPod and new basketball shoes from us. He is so excited about his iPod. He loves to sing and listen to music (with certain restrictions on what he can listen to). I would buy my kids a “music player” of some sort any day over a handheld video game system. I have no problem with them walking around, listening to praise music and singing. I do have a problem with them walking around, zoning out into a video game though. What goes in is what comes out. Eli loved listening to his praise music all day! And I loved hearing his singing (when he didn’t know I could hear it—ha, ha!).
His birthday parties (yes, more than one) are this weekend with family. I will post more pictures after those.
****************************************
10 things about Eli at nine:
1. He has such a sweet and kind heart. He doesn’t like to listen to his little brothers cry and is so willing to help make them happy.
2. He loves to play sports. Although football and basketball are one of his favorites, he’s always open to trying something new. He is constantly “on the go.”
3. He makes friends easily, but I think it’s because of his kind heart.
4. The first thing Eli has to do when he wakes up in the morning is turn on ESPN and check all the scores of the games.
5. He has a chicken called Chicken Little that he adores. Yes, I said a chicken. He’s even taught him tricks! I can’t wait to see him with his ducks. He will have three of them in a couple weeks and he is going to love them!
6. He loves to hunt gophers.
7. He loves to sing!
8. He has a mini-me: Logan! Not only does Logan look like Eli, but he wants to be just like Eli. He will follow him around most days mimicking whatever Eli is doing. It is very cute and Eli is very patient with him.
9. Eli just finished up his first season with soccer. He is very good and led the team to an undefeated season. Go #41!!!!
10. And lastly, Eli is all boy; he loves to sweat, love to be dirty, loves to hunt, catch snakes, toads and frogs, but despite all that, he has a very soft heart. He takes seriously God and what He says; he does not want to “disappoint” God and I look forward to seeing God’s blessings on his life.
Happy Birthday, Eli. I love you to pieces. You are a blessing to our family. Let’s see what Year Nine brings you.
No comments:
Post a Comment