Friday, April 16, 2010

(a very long) Quick Takes Friday

1.  I apologize for the lack of posts this week.  It’s just been “one of those weeks.”  The strep germs were shared with me and I was absolutely miserable.  Thankfully, our doctor just called in the prescription right away for me and didn’t make me come in to be tested for strep; it was pretty obvious if Isaac and  Camden had it, that that’s what I had.  Within six hours of starting the antibiotic I was feeling somewhat normal, which allowed me to take Camden in to the chiropractor so we could both get a decent night of sleep.  Logan also ended up getting strep, although he wasn’t down and out by any means.  Nothing gets that boy down.  We cleaned the pharmacy out of amoxicillan and they couldn’t fill Logan’s full prescription.  We look kind of like a pharmacy ourselves.  Everyone lines up for medicine time.

 IMG_3872

Eli and Josh remain the rocks.  Doesn’t surprise me about Eli—he usually is.  And Josh doesn’t count because he’s hardly home these days to catch any germs.

So we’re on the up and up.  I still can’t seem to find my energy and I’m easily exhausted, but hopefully that will return in time.

2.  There were baby cows born!  One was born around Easter and another one just yesterday.  We went on a search to find the cows today because Logan was so excited about the new cow.  He says because there’s two, there’s one for him and one for Bamden.  He’s named his “Cowey” and thinks Bamden should name his the same.  The two of them will watch out the window for cows.

IMG_3752

Unfortunately, we did not see the new calf today.  We searched and searched.  The  boys were all mooing and calling the cows.  Even Camden, who once he heard we were going on a walk to find cows, all he talked about was “blah, blah, blah, COW….blah, blah, blah, COW.” 

IMG_3882

See, here he is yelling “Cow!”

It’s unbelievable that Camden loves cows as much as Logan did (or still does).  Josh came home last night and we had just gotten home from soccer practice.  Camden hopped out of the car, saw Josh and started running down the path saying “cow…cow….cow.”  Just like Logan did at that age!  Too cute.

We have plans to go on another walk soon and attempt to spot the little calf.

3.  Soccer season has started! 

After much thinking and contemplating, Eli decided to play soccer again.  So we’re back to soccer games every weekend.  He has his first game last weekend at home and they won it!

IMG_3769

IMG_3776

Logan and Camden  joined in playing too.

IMG_3767

Eli was hesitant to play because, technically, he’s not on the correct team.  He’s supposed to be on the U9 team, but it’s full (it was in the fall too).  He was told last fall he could play on the U8 team for the fall and in the spring, he would go to his correct team.  Well, guess what?  The  U9 team is full again!  So he’s on the U8 team, a little disappointed to be on the younger team again but also thankful to be playing soccer.  He’s made some friends on this team too.

4.  I have yet another stinky boy. 

Isaac came to me a couple weeks ago and said, “Mom, Eli stinks bad.”  I kind of blew it off as nothing much, but Isaac was insistent that I “check” Eli’s stink out.  It’s a good thing I did too.  Whew!

So another boy wearing deodorant.  Seriously, why are they growing up so fast?!?!?!  He’s only 8 (well, 9 in a month).

Josh and I are now wondering how long Isaac stunk for before he actually noticed his own stink and said something to us!  How embarrassing!

And now that both of his older brothers are wearing it, and Logan thinks he is big too, he wants to wear deodorant too!  He is begging, crying, whining about wearing deodorant.

He will come up to me and say, “Mom, smell my armpits.”  I’ll smell them and say, “Mmmmm, they smell delicious.” 

“Noooo, Mom, they stink!  I need deodorant!”

When I say “No, not until you get bigger,” he’s devastated because in Logan’s mind, he is  bigger.

It’s an endless battle.

5.  Camden is a handful!

No kidding.  The boy spends most of his day here:

IMG_3858

or here:

IMG_3859

It’s terribly frustrating.  He is just constantly standing on the chairs or crawling up onto the table.  And we have to be very careful about what we leave on the table.  He’s been caught a couple times gnawing on a slice of leftover CHEESE pizza (which did a number on his insides) or whatever other food is left, scribbling on his brother’s homework pape, throwing napkins everywhere and tossing leftover juice cups on the floor. 

Isaac made chocolate chip cookies the other day and Logan brought in the stool to help.  Well, it didn’t take Camden long to figure out the stool.  I walked into the kitchen to find him stuffing raw cookie dough into his mouth.   AHHHH!!!!  And let me tell you, he did not want to give that up easily. 

Between him and Logan and the two of them together, I am so exhausted every day.  I feel like there’s constantly a mess going on somewhere and definitely never any quietness.  I know these are the days that seem so long but the years will be so fast so I’m trying to roll with the punches and enjoy it…..but I tell ya, some days…..

Josh made it home the other night to have his movie night with Logan and  Camden while I took Isaac and Eli to Awana.  He hadn’t been home early in quite some time and he was really looking forward to his time with the younger boys.   When I came home he said, “Those two are exhausting.”  Ha!  Now you know what I mean, I said!

6.  Coop ended this week!

We had our last coop Thursday.  I am so glad we joined this group.  Despite my boys’ uneasiness about joining, I think they really did enjoy it.  They were able to experience science, art, gym and music in a different setting with other homeschooled kids.  I survived teaching science to 5th grade and up and actually had fun doing it too!  I can’t say I’d want to do it another year, but I did learn things and I’m proud of myself for sticking with it and taking the challenge.  Even if I felt like the high schoolers were teaching the class half the time.

Each of my boys made me something in art on the last day.

Logan learned about gardening and he made a flower with all the parts labeled.  He also planted a sunflower seed.

.IMG_3903

Eli made me a stepping stone with colorful stones in a unique pattern.

IMG_3902

And Isaac painted a design on a wooden plaque.

IMG_3904

I met some new homeschooling friends and I’m very much looking forward to our end-of-the-year picnic in a few weeks.

7.  I have gotten so many compliments on the song on this blog.  I chose this song for Easter.  And I’m thankful so many have been blessed by it.  I have a little confession to make though.  This was not the song I originally planned to put on for Easter.  I had a completely different song by a different artist in mind.  When I went to add that song, My Jesus popped into my head.  This was not a song I was 100% familiar with.  In fact, I really just  knew the chorus.  But there it was, in my head.  I didn’t even know the correct name of the song or the artist, but I typed in My Jesus as a guess and I was right.

After I listened to it once, I was convinced it was the perfect Easter selection.  I love it.

And several weeks later, after hearing how so many people like it and have been blessed by it, I know it was a God thing.

Be blessed!

****************************************

Enjoy.

IMG_3899

IMG_3874

IMG_3856

IMG_3865

IMG_3842

IMG_3823

IMG_3810 

IMG_3886

IMG_3605

1 comment:

Jen said...

Cute post :) I see too many similarities :)