Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Trust big brother

Logan was throwing an all-out temper tantrum today.  It began because he wanted juice.   I had to make more juice and he just didn’t want to wait.  Keep in mind, this was very close to naptime.  The crying from no juice ended up with him in bed.  He came out when he was all done crying and said he was better.  That only lasted a little bit.  A few seconds later he wanted his pants buttoned and I couldn’t do it because my hands were all wet.  I told him to hang on a second.  Well, that did it!  The screaming and crying began again.  He went back to his bed and was going on and on about wanting to be bigger so he could button his pants.

“I want to be bigger.  I asked God to make me bigger and he didn’t do it.  I want to be bigger so I can button my pants.  I want to be bigger so my tummy doesn’t hurt anymore.  God didn’t make me bigger!  Why did God make me little?”

Eli overheard him and took sympathy on him and went in to help calm him down.

I stayed outside the door and listened.

Eli:  Logan, everyone starts off little.  I was little.  Isaac was little.  Even Mommy was little.  You’ll get bigger some day.  But when you get bigger, then you have to get a job and wash the dishes.

Logan:  All by myself?

Eli:  All by yourself. 

Logan:  But I just want to be bigger so I can button my pants.

Eli:  I bet Mom wishes she was little so then she could play with toys and stuff.  But she’s bigger so then she has to wash the dishes, do the laundry, and a bunch of work.  When you’re little, you can just play, so you’re lucky.

Logan:  I don’t want to be little!

Eli:  Trust me,  Logan.  Some day you’ll be bigger and you’ll wish you were little.

1 comment:

Gift from above ... said...

ok that was precious....so very cute! YOu have wonderful kids...because you are a great mother!

See you later!

love Tana