There are so many opinions regarding Camden. I’m to the point where I honestly don’t know which one to believe. Today I’m at the point where I’m so frustrated with his lack of progress. This is where I’m supposed to turn to God and pray for His healing on Camden, I know. I’m just struggling a little bit. And I figure if I share it with you, then you can pray too.
An update: We did take Camden for a second opinion regarding his physical therapy. This was at my sister’s work and the therapists there are a little more qualified, meaning trained in more areas than just PT. This physical therapist told me that Camden has tight muscles on his right side and that explains the way he’s moving or not moving that right side. She gave me some exercises to do with him to help loosen those muscles up. She also did a bit of craniosacral therapy on him. I’m contemplating taking him for craniosacral therapy again because that can really help with soft tissues and muscles. It’s just finding the time and money to do it. How or why his muscles are this way is a mystery.
Camden can stand and bear weight on his legs. He just can’t pull himself up to that position. He leans on whatever he’s standing on so we’re working on moving him out farther so he’s strictly doing it on his own. He’s very wobbley this way. At 14 months old, he’s finally accomplished the task of rolling over. Amazing. He now rolls over in his crib, sits up and then cries. He hasn’t figured out how to stand up or pull to standing in his crib.
I also talked to the chiropractor about his movement. She said his hip is turned outward and swollen. She’s working on his right hip now, adjusting it every week when we go. She also saw the way he moved and didn’t like it. He’s using one side of his body and that is really only using one side of his brain. She gave me some exercises (yes, MORE exercises to do!) that would help stimulate both sides of the brain. Only using one side of the brain can lead to things like dyslexia and learning disabilities down the road.
Last night I just had a hard time. I feel like I’m constantly doing these exercises with him and I’m getting nowhere. I’m constantly trying to get him to use the left side more, but then as soon as I’m done working with him, he goes right back to the right side preference. It’s frustrating!!!!
He’s had a really hoarse voice for almost a week now. On Monday when I took him to the chiropractor, he was really off in the spot where his reflux/digestion is. I really wasn’t that surprised. But I did expect that adjustment with her to help him, and it hasn’t. He’s still hoarse, and I’m pretty sure this is because his reflux is still there and acting up. His sleep is still the same. I never really know how our night is going to be. He’s up anywhere between one (on a good night!) and three times.
He has a yeast infection in his diaper area that is getting out of control. Every day it’s getting worse despite all the acidolphilus I’m giving him. All my natural remedies aren’t working so I’m going to call the doctor today for some Nystatin to help knock this out of him. Just another frustrating thing.
With all these problems still lingering, we’ve decided to go forward with the endoscopy. It’s scheduled for Nov. 6th. We feel like this is the last thing to do to tell us what, if anything, is going on inside Camden. If his problems were better or improved, I wouldn’t feel the need to do this procedure. This test can also tell us more than one thing. It’s able to check for many different things so I feel it’s covering a lot. We shall see.
Prayers….
No comments:
Post a Comment