Thursday, October 8, 2009

Brotherly love

September 2009 008

Something I learned while having my boys in public school:  they don’t get along as well.

I know this sounds crazy.  They’re not together all day long while at school so they should get along when they come home, right?  And when they’re homeschooled, they’re stuck with each other all day long so they should argue more, right?

That’s what society would have us to believe, but I, having experienced it both ways, know different. 

My boys have always had a wonderful imagination.  There were days I postponed starting school because they were playing some imaginary adventure and I hated to disrupt it.  They had their moments where they argued, but for the most part, they were each other’s best friend. 

Then they went to school.  They argued more while they were in public school and the imaginary “play” disappeared.  There were no more adventures going on at our house.  I missed that.

They are just  now starting to go back to their imaginary play and adventures and getting along again.  Yes, it’s taken this long.  And it wasn’t easy. 

I snapped these pictures of them outside the other day.  They were on an adventure!  I really have no idea what they were pretending to be or do and I don’t really care.  There were brothers being friends and enjoying each other.  I love it!

September 2009 009

No comments: