Argh!!!! I THOUGHT just maybe Camden's reflux was better, or even maybe gone. I backed down his meds about two weeks ago and started giving it to him every other day instead of every day. Camden continued to do great. I didn't really know if it was the tubes or the chiropractor or he was just miraclously healed and I didn't really care. All that mattered was that he wasn't refluxing! I wasn't ready to go cold turkey and eliminate the medicine all together, but I was thrilled with the results so far. That is until today.
Camden's reflux has reared its ugly head....again. And I am beyond frustrated. So much for all the doctors philosophies. I am also worried about our little peanut as his reflux is so severe sometimes that he can't catch his breath. I talked to the doctor and the therapist about it today, and that's basically it. Yep, that's his reflux. Not much more that can be done. Argh.....
So back on the medicine full strength.
Camden does have some things working against him though. Number one, he's teething. He's really uncomfortable today with teething and not sleeping. Number two, he's eating lots more food. He doesn't want baby food, he just wants to jump right into table foods. I know doctors say this is what makes reflux better because it helps to weigh it down and help stay in the stomach, but I don't believe what doctors say anymore, so I think the food could be contributing to his reflux. And number three, we're at the end of the month for medicine and his medicine isn't as effective towards the end. On Wednesday I will refill it and pray that it helps to get it under control more.
This is all very frustrating for me because I was really hoping the reflux was going away.
Physical therapy update:
I was frustrated with Camden and his lack of progress with therapy. Despite being a total crab today for therapy, he did show off by standing -- wait, did I just say that Camden was STANDING???? yes, that's right! STANDING!!!!! We placed him by a chair and I had to help him get into the standing position, but once he was there, I hardly had to help him at all. I'm so happy!!!!!
I had nursery duty yesterday at church and I can't tell you how hard it was to see all these other babies crawling, walking or attempting to move in some way. These are babies who are Camden's age, if not younger than him. It was a battle in my mind not to let thoughts of despair and pity creep in. I know Camden will walk some day, or I should say move some day, and I will wonder why I ever wanted him to move, but it's in this transition period right now that I have hard days. I'm trying to get a handle on these thoughts before they take over. The fact that he stood today for a bit without assitance is huge to me....and I have a smile from ear to ear. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment