Saturday, April 25, 2009

Camden update

Camden's evaluation with Birth to Three has been schedule for Tuesday, May 5th at 1 p.m. There's certain qualifications he has to meet (or not meet) for therapy, but in talking with the coordinator on the phone, it sounds like Camden most likely will qualify. She asked me some questions about him and Camden wasn't doing anything that she asked about.

One thing is that he will never put any weight on his legs, so obviously he doesn't stand or pull himself up onto things. He does, however, bounce like crazy in his Exersaucer. I always thought that this must be a good thing. It meant that he can use those muscles if he wants to. The therapist/coordinator said she hears that a lot with babies like Camden, where their muscles are weak. So there went my philosophy that everything's fine!

He's still not sleeping any better at night. He had a couple nights that were really bad with inconsolable crying. His congestion seems to be worse, instead of getting better after two weeks of this, and he's developed a cough. I'm still journaling everything in a notebook (along with this blog). I think doctors take you more serious when everything's written down. His fevers are still there. I did stumble across a website where some people had unexplained low-grade fevers around the time of their seasonal allergies. Some were even run through numerous tests and no diagnosis was ever made. I wonder if he's having these fevers due to allergies. Another trial and error thing, but I'm wondering if we should test for environmental allergies sooner than later.

He isn't doing so great with the solids anymore. It seems he's decided that nope, he doesn't want solid foods. This is very frustrating for me as I was hoping this would help him put on weight. I'm still offering the cereal daily and adding in pears and sometimes it goes well and sometimes it doesn't. I hope he just gives in and decides it's okay to eat them. His gagging came back and I think that's what made him decide not to eat. For some reason or another, he's refluxing more the past few days. Choking episodes. It could be due to teething.

We also tried introducing the bottle to him last weekend and he downright REFUSED it. Got soooo mad at it. So I've decided to go with the cup. After all, he is nine months old and soon enough he'll be a year and we'll be weaning him. I might as well get him used to the cup instead. He's not thrilled with that either, but I keep trying!

I admit my patience is very limited lately. It's hard not to consume myself with everything. Josh didn't take the news so well, but he's also very consumed with work right now.

"This too shall pass...." That's what I keep telling myself!

No comments: