Yes, it’s true….Camden is officially 9 months old and finally eating cereal. I tried cereal again and this time he actually opened his mouth up and “chewed.” And the best part…..NO GAGGING!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!! This morning was day 3 of cereal and still going good. He does really good until he’s had enough. That’s when he starts gagging. But then I also know to be done. I even tried a Cheerio yesterday to see how he would handle that. He did okay. It wasn’t until after I gave it to him that I realized my mistake…..Cheerios have wheat in them!
He’s still up at night and last night was a bit worse. I’ve been told rice cereal can cause cramping and gas. We’ll try a few more days and see how he does. If it gets worse, then I’ll switch him to oatmeal.
I did research yesterday what foods are reflux friendly and which foods are not. Pears are a great food for reflux babies as they’re the least acidic fruit. Apples and bananas are not good. Squash, avocadoes and sweet potatoes are okay too. When we get into table foods, it will be interesting. Not only do I have to be careful of foods that will aggravate his reflux, but I also must watch out for all his allergen foods. Why couldn’t this have happened with my first child? Then by my fourth, it would be a piece of cake. I hate that he has to eat differently than the rest of the family and it’s going to be hard to switch the rest of the family to his food as they’re used to what they eat now. Why should they have to eat rice ice cream when they can eat custard?
I’m going to be making my own rice flour so I really hope that doesn’t change the taste too much. Then I can make most things for everyone to eat, including Camden. At least when we’re at home. Going out to eat will be another obstacle.
Camden has his 9-month check up this afternoon. I am bringing my journal to show the doctor. Lots of questions for her and I may get hardly any answers!
No comments:
Post a Comment