
Camden is doing better. He had a relapse a week ago but we just needed to refill his medicine sooner and he's doing better. It was very obvious to me when he was off his meds how severe his reflux is. He was choking, gaging, coughing, spitting up TONS, crying more. Just very uncomfortable. The trick is getting the medicine IN him. He doesn't take a bottle so I can't mix it in there (well, mom doesn't push the bottle). He has learned not to swallow and then it just pours out of his mouth. Frustrating when this medicine is $41.00 for a small bottle. My sister Tana gave me an infant feeding tube and syringe she had from Matthew. So far I've been using that but it's tricky. I have to tape the feeding tube to my breast and when Camden nurses, I insert it into his mouth and S-L-O-W-L-Y dispense the medicine. So he's drinking it along with the milk. Tricky but it seems to work and then he benefits.
I've also moved him to his crib and he actually slept in it two nights ago the whole night! He was still up at 3:30 to eat but went right back to sleep in his bed. Last night didn't go as well. He was up at 3:30 but didn't want to go back to sleep in his bed. It's hard to let him cry it out in the middle of the night. I'll have all three other boys up too! So I just brought him into our room and put him in his car seat. Off to sleep he went. That just still seems the most comfortable spot for him.
Otherwise, he's smiling so much and he even laughed out loud at us the other night. So cute! The giggles. He's such a cutie pie and I'm really happy he's more happier. I don't know how I made it through these past three months!
I've also moved him to his crib and he actually slept in it two nights ago the whole night! He was still up at 3:30 to eat but went right back to sleep in his bed. Last night didn't go as well. He was up at 3:30 but didn't want to go back to sleep in his bed. It's hard to let him cry it out in the middle of the night. I'll have all three other boys up too! So I just brought him into our room and put him in his car seat. Off to sleep he went. That just still seems the most comfortable spot for him.
Otherwise, he's smiling so much and he even laughed out loud at us the other night. So cute! The giggles. He's such a cutie pie and I'm really happy he's more happier. I don't know how I made it through these past three months!
No comments:
Post a Comment