Friday, May 9, 2008

Orange hair

Although this doesn't necessarily tell the best side of Eli, I had to share and preserve this memory.

Isaac came in the other day upset and near tears.
"Eli doesn't like my orange hair," he said. "He said people with orange hair never get a job."

I'm like what in the world does orange hair have to do with getting a job and secondly, why would Eli say something like THAT.

I go out and find Eli and ask him why he said that to Isaac. He says, "Because it's true." So I proceed to tell him that there is nothing wrong with Isaac's hair color, it's the color God picked out for him and God doesn't make mistakes, God created Isaac this way, just like God gave Eli blonde hair. And lastly, the color of your hair has nothing to do with whether or not you'll get a job!

Eli says, "Well, I still don't like Isaac's orange hair."

Brotherly love, I tell ya.
(Eli was then reminded to keep his opinions to himself.)

No comments: