I know it's been a little while and I apologize, but it's been busy around here. Nothing too major, just little things here and there that keep us running around like crazy. I'm going to try to update more often over the next couple weeks to keep my mom ("G") updated since she's in Israel.
Well, last Saturday I did the breast cancer walk for my friend who was diagnosed with cancer. Our team was Incurable Hope. Despite the wind, rain, and cold weather, it went well and there was a large turnout. It was a fun time and thankfully my back held up. Afterwards, I had sister bonding time. All three of us went to Babies R Us to help my sister register. Of course, this was after a Starbucks trip to warm up after our cold walk. :)
Sunday was spent just staying home and enjoying family time. With Josh working so many hours, we treasure the days that we're all home together.
Last night we had a birthday party at Bounces R Us. What fun this was! It's basically a warehouse that has about 7-8 huge inflatable bouncers set up, all different ones. There was a basketball one, an obstacle course, Spiderman, Batman huge slide, a ball pit. My boys had so much fun! Logan pretty much hung out in the ball pit and the other two I really didn't see much of the night besides when they were running by and gave me a quick "Hi, Mom!" I wish I had brought my camera to take pictures, but I didn't. We do plan on going back some time and I will be sure to take pics that time and share them.
Today Eli had his eye appointment. The dreaded eye doctor. Ahhhhh!!!! For those of you who don't know, Eli has sensitive eyes, very bothered by light. He also suffers from allergies (that have gotten progressively worse) and his eyes are always affected. We didn't know if his eyes were bad because of allergies or because of something else. He has been on daily Claritin for over a month now. His eyes are much better than they were (swollen, red, tearing), but still bother him quite a bit. When I mentioned to him last week that we were going to have to take him into the eye doctor to check things out, he immediately burst into tears. I don't know why he had this fear of the eye doctor, but he did. After much reassurance from others, he walked in there very confidently today. The verdict: His eyes are fine. Thank God! The doctor really isn't sure why they're so sensitive, but he did show us on the picture (x-ray) where Eli's eyes don't have a certain amount of "something" that helps to filter the light out. Where it's supposed to be dark, it's lighter. And that explains why he has sensitivity. And apparently, blond-haired, blue-eyed, fair-skinned people can have more eye sensitivity than others. Strange. Anyways, he gave us some drops to try. If they help, he'll prescribe them for Eli to use. Thankfully, he has wonderful vision--when he's not looking through his tearing eyes at light. :) We are going to purchase some darker sunglasses for him to wear too. He has trouble sometimes inside with the light too. Just this morning he went and turned off all the lights so he could do his schoolwork.
As for me, I'm still suffering with my back/sciatic nerve pain. I finally broke down and called the chiropractor. He's gone at a seminar all this week so I can't get in until next week. I've suffered for months already (limping, hobbling around, living in pain) so what's a couple more days, right??? :)
For those of you wondering, and before I sign off, Logan has not attempted to climb out of his crib anymore. Woohoo!!!! Looks like the crib gets to stay for a bit longer. Grandpa will be coming over to paint his room soon. We're going with the obvious "baby blue" color in his soon-to-be car/truck room.
Something funny.....Logan's newest saying is "I don't know." Isaac and Eli think it's so funny. They'll ask him off-the-wall questions just to hear Logan say "I don't know." It really is actually pretty funny.
"Logan, who won the basketball game, the Pistons or 76ers?"
"I don't know."
Isaac and Eli are pretty much obsessed with the NBA playoffs. Typical boy stuff. At night they want to watch the games and in the morning they want to turn on ESPN to check the latest score. In between time is usually spent playing basketball outside and reenacting what they say in the game. Funny.
While I was waiting at the dr.'s today, I read a quote that I think is so true and I wanted to share it.
"The days may be long, but the years are short."
How true that is! Our days seem to be long and hard, but when I look back and think of Isaac as a baby...wow, where did that time go???!!!!
Another one was something about not obsessing with the fingerprints on the windows b/c very soon you'll see clean windows and be sad because they're not dirty from little kids. Another true one for me. It seems like my patio door is always full of fingerprints and I'm forever cleaning it. Some day though I'll be so sad that there's no fingerprints to clean off of it. For now, I'll let those fingerprints sit on there a little longer before I clean them off. :)
Enjoy every moment with your kids! They grow up way too fast! Every moment is precious and a learning experience for mom, dad and kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment